Endorse by completing the form below.
Endorsing the platform means that you or your organization generally agree with the overarching goals and concepts. Endorsing does not indicate support for any particular legislation.
See endorsers here. See recent slide presentation here: Climate-Safe CA: The Path to Net-Negative Emissions by 2030, Dec 2020.
The COVID-19 pandemic is a stark reminder that we ignore the science at our own peril and early action saves lives. Your endorsement of Climate-Safe California, based on the latest science, is a public pledge of support for accelerated, aggressive climate policy by the state of California.
As an organization, your endorsement also indicates that you’re willing to have your organization’s name listed in support of Climate-Safe California. It does not mean that your organization is endorsing any specific legislation.
Urgent action is required to ensure a safe and healthy future for all. There are dozens of scalable solutions available now to reverse the climate crisis. By demonstrating the bold policies required in the world’s fifth-largest economy, we will inspire other states and countries around the world to greater action for a climate-safe Earth. We welcome organizations and individuals to endorse below. Please share widely.
The climate crisis is here now, worse than anticipated, and accelerating, threatening all life.
Massive reductions of warming emissions, with the start of drawdown from the atmosphere, are required by 2030 to prevent catastrophic impacts.
California must step up its climate leadership to avoid increasingly dire consequences and inspire climate action worldwide.
Therefore, we/I endorse the Climate-Safe California campaign and call on the State of California to enact the following solutions:
- No later than 2022, commit to accelerating existing state policy timelines to achieve 80% below 1990 levels of greenhouse gas emissions and net-negative emissions by 2030
- Secure a just transition for workers and their families whose livelihoods depend on fossil fuel industries, with comparable long-term jobs
- Close the climate gap when enacting climate-safe policies to ensure lower-income communities and communities of color are no longer disproportionately harmed, and have equitable access to climate-friendly solutions
- Enact by 2025 the suite of policies required by science to put us on track to net-negative emissions by 2030
- Accelerate the phase-out of fossil fuel development, production, and use
- Increase nature-based carbon sequestration
- Invest in community resilience
- Generate the funds needed for speed and scale climate action
Note: If you select “no” above and you have written in an organization, your organization may be listed as “for affiliation purposes only.”
Click here to see scientific citations for this platform.
Click here to read the full Climate-Safe California Platform with science references.