- Establish a statewide Climate-Safe California Partnership and an expanded collaborator network to ensure participation from and in key urban and rural regions of the state
- Develop science-based policies for each of our strategic objectives and identify effective pathways for implementation, including executive orders, agency directives, regulation, and direct legislation
- Establish a strong legislative advocacy presence, both professional and grassroots, in Sacramento to ensure that speed and scale solutions to global warming are represented in relevant conversations and legislation
- Identify and build relationships with climate opinion leaders as well as other influencers in the state; work with them to leverage outreach and persuasion efforts
- Mobilize and engage communities through house meetings and social media in districts of state lawmakers who chair key committees and hold leadership positions
- Launch a major strategic communications campaign targeting key audiences through traditional and social media
- Increase our development and fundraising efforts to reach like-minded high-net-worth individuals and foundations
The cornerstone of our Climate-Safe campaign is a coalition of powerful climate leaders and activists. Together we will push California to enact much more aggressive goals and timelines for achieving net negative greenhouse gas emissions (sequestered greenhouse gas exceeds emissions) and community resilience by 2030, as required by the science. Read more about our Theory of Change here.
The policies we will advocate for also must make it easier for everyone to make climate-friendly choices, from purchasing 100% renewable energy and replacing natural gas appliances with electric to leasing or buying electric vehicles and/or using more mass transit, e-bikes and e-scooters, and eating locally, regeneratively grown food. Achieving our goals will require rapid and far-reaching transformations in nearly every aspect of California life: energy, industry, buildings, transport, land use, and urban planning.