https://theclimatecenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/IMG_3997-scaled-e1581367127836.jpeg 1356 1907 Maddie Maffia https://theclimatecenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/The-Climate-Center-Logo_RGB.gif Maddie Maffia2020-02-01 11:27:162020-02-12 11:21:41The water protection industry employs more people than coal or steel. Trump is changing that.
by Nick Mott, NPR
- An estimated half of wetlands across the country and 18% of streams will not have federal protection with the new rollback of water regulation
- The wetland mitigation industry fears their jobs could be lost due to these new environmental rollbacks
- Many wetlands have been restored with the help of “mitigation banks” that pool investor money and work on large scale restoration projects
We at The Climate Center are focusing on California, the world’s 5th largest economy, to enact the emissions reduction and sequestration policies necessary for rapid decarbonization.
Latest posts by Maddie Maffia (see all)
- The toxic legacy of old oil wells: California’s multibillion-dollar problem - February 6, 2020
- The Arctic’s thawing ground is releasing a shocking amount of dangerous gases - February 5, 2020
- Indonesia’s Jokowi warns of economic calamity from forest fires - February 5, 2020