Job Announcement: Solar Energy Program Coordinator
The Climate Center seeks a Program Coordinator to develop and coordinate its solar
energy programs. Programs include general solar stakeholder support, development of expansion
opportunities within and beyond Sonoma County, revenue generation for program support, and
technical customer support.
The position begins at 80% time. The successful program coordinator will build the program and
associated revenue so that the position quickly becomes full time. The Coordinator is supervised by the
Renewable Energy Implementation Manager.
Responsibilities of the Solar Energy Program Coordinator:
• Ensure that the overall program has a long-range strategy that achieves its mission, and toward
which it makes consistent and timely progress
• Provide assistance in developing program, organizational and financial plans with supervisorial
staff, and implement plans
• Identify and develop opportunities to raise funds for programs related to solar energy
• Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the solar field
• Manage the Qualified Vendor and Clean Energy Advocate programs, including vendor evaluation,
referrals to participating vendors, and other member services
Bachelor’s degree plus at least three years of relevant experience, or any combination of experience and
other certifications or achievements that demonstrate qualification for the position. Also necessary is a
passion for solar energy, the environment, and climate protection.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
The position requires an entrepreneurial, personable, confident, methodical, inspiring, enthusiastic team
member with a good sense of humor and proven track record who possesses a number of the following
skills and qualities:
• Strategic thinker
• Confident in decision-making, and able to work both independently and as a team member while
taking direction from supervisorial staff
• Strong research, communication, and customer service skills
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Tech savvy – familiar with software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress, and
social media platforms
Compensation: $40,000 per year for 80% time; $50,000 for 100% time. Health benefits are offered.
Please email your resume and a cover letter describing your interest in working as the Solar Energy
Program Coordinator for The Climate Center, to solarjob *at* climateprotection *dot* org.
The position is open until filled. Please no calls.
The Climate Center is an equal opportunity employer.