The Climate Center is working to build a coalition of advocates who demand accelerated, equitable climate policies. California, as the world’s fifth-largest economy, must step up its climate leadership to catalyze action by other states, nations, and the world for a climate-safe Earth. Below is a list of recent Letters of Support we have sent to policymakers, along with our partners, to enact the policies we need to achieve net-negative emissions and resilient communities by 2030.
- Letter to Governor Newsom’s Task Force on Economic Recovery in support of public transparency and a stop to oil and gas extraction, June 25, 2020
- Letter to Governor Newsom’s Task Force on Economic Recovery in support of Community Energy Resilience for COVID-19 Equitable Recovery and Wildfire Preparedness, June 12, 2020
- Recommendations to California Geologic Energy Management Division for rulemaking to support public health near oil and gas infrastructure, June 10, 2020
- Support for SB 743, May 26, 2020: Supports expeditious implementation of the Vehicle Miles Traveled guidelines for
transportation impact analysis
- Recommendations for Governor Newsom’s Task Force on Business and Jobs Recovery, May 23, 2020
- Support for an equitable recovery from COVID-19, May 18, 2020: Supports an equitable and climate-safe recovery
- Support for SB 1258, May 15, 2020: Supports a Climate Catalyst Revolving Fund for climate financing
- Recommendations for Governor Newsom’s Task Force on Business and Jobs Recovery, May 8, 2020
- Support for AB 3256, May 7, 2020: Supports climate change mitigation and adaptation in line with the most recent science
- Support for AB 3214, May 6, 2020: Protects state waters from oil spills
- Support for AB 3021, April 3, 2020: Advances localized, clean, safe, and resilient energy systems
- Support for AB 345, January 28, 2020: Protects public health and safety, especially in lower-income communities where oil and gas extraction sites are prevalent
Click here to see current climate legislation we are tracking.