https://theclimatecenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/GM-CEO-Mary-Barra.jpg 662 1024 Maddie Maffia https://theclimatecenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/The-Climate-Center-Logo_RGB-1.svg Maddie Maffia2020-01-22 17:43:222020-01-29 09:53:38GM and Honda unveil electric self-driving car with no steering wheel or pedals
by Matt McFarland, CNN Business, January 22, 2020
- GM and Honda have engineered a new 6-seat electric vehicle, the Origin, that drives itself
- The self-driving car isn’t for sale but is rather available for rides through a ride-share app
- The six-seat electric vehicle has no steering wheel, brake or accelerator pedals, windshield wipers or rearview mirror. Its doors slide rather than swing open. There’s no obvious front or back, like a typical car.
- The new car will need additional approval from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration due to its unique car components
Electric vehicles that offer ride-sharing through carpools are an important part of sustainable mobility.
Latest posts by Maddie Maffia (see all)
- The toxic legacy of old oil wells: California’s multibillion-dollar problem - February 6, 2020
- The Arctic’s thawing ground is releasing a shocking amount of dangerous gases - February 5, 2020
- Indonesia’s Jokowi warns of economic calamity from forest fires - February 5, 2020