By Heesu Lee, Bloomberg
The world is throwing away double the amount of food than previously estimated, according to a new report by Wageningen University & Research.
- The worlds richest are wasting more food at home compared to their less affluent counterparts
- Analysis by Wageningen Economic Research suggests that people are wasting over 300 calories of food per day
- Food waste accounts for 10% of the developed world’s GHG emissions
The Climate Center supports tracking all emissions, including consumption-based emissions.
- Emissions Gap Report 2020: Where we are & where we should be to avoid catastrophe - December 16, 2020
- California’s 2018 wildfires cost the US economy $148.5 billion - December 16, 2020
- California 550 MW virtual power plant would be the biggest yet - December 16, 2020