by Kylie MacLellan, Reuters
Following a growing trend in Europe, Britain is the next country to announce the phase-out of internal combustion engine cars within the next 15 years. This includes all diesel, petrol, and hybrid vehicles.
- Though traditional cars make up 90% of new vehicle sales in Britain, the government is investing over $3 million USD in electric vehicle infrastructure
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson also announced the phase-out of all coal plants by 2024
Transitioning from internal combustion engine cars to electric vehicles is a key component of The Climate Center’s sustainable mobility work.
- Climate change is weakening the ocean currents that shape weather on both sides of the Atlantic - March 11, 2021
- Petaluma City Council moves to ban new gas stations - March 11, 2021
- Scott Wiener introduces bill to ban California fracking by 2027 - February 25, 2021