April 8th: Resilience in a Changing Climate
This public forum and follow-up workshop brings together individuals, organizations and businesses from across a wide spectrum of sectors and disciplines who are working to ensure that Sonoma County remains vibrant and resilient in a changing climate. Attendees will learn how to make their planning and decision-making climate-smart, share what they have learned with others, and explore new and innovative solutions for adapting to climate change.
Join us as we discuss the diverse challenges facing Sonoma County and bring together leading voices on how to respond effectively to climate.
Public Forum – April 8, 2015
Resilience in a Changing Climate
Where: Sonoma State University, Student Center Ballrooms
When: 8:30am – 5:00 pm, reception to follow; lunch included.
- Become part of an expanded network of allies across public and private sectors, and disciplines.
- Be empowered across sectors and levels of leadership with knowledge, tools, innovation strategies, and mutual support for the implementation of actions for a better tomorrow.
- Learn how to engage in ongoing community adaptation initiatives, including May 21st Workshop.
Who should attend?
- Local elected officials and commissioners
- Conservation and natural resource professionals
- Health professionals
- Planners, architects, and urban designers
- Business professionals
- Air quality, flood control, fire and public safety professionals
- Emergency preparedness and response professionals
- Agricultural producers and industry professionals
- Transportation professionals
- Community members