The Climate Center seeks a Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and implement the strategic marketing plan that aligns with the organization’s five year strategic plan, and achieves the branding, public awareness, and development goals for The Climate Center (CCP).
Under the direction of the Executive Director and in coordination with the executive team and Marketing and Communication Committee, the Director of Marketing and Communications:
- Develops and maintains the annual marketing and communications plan in alignment with the organization’s short term and long-term strategic goals
- Supports and works closely with the Director of Development to ensure that the organization’s fund development goals are met
- Directs and implements online/digital media strategy and activities including managing CCP website/s and all social media portals including Face Book, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and other relevant online social media outlets, and works with staff to meet annual goals to provide content for the website, newsletter, and digital news
- Oversees CCP’s communications and outreach, including online/offline, identifying target audiences, developing key messages, and analyzing audience response rates and participation goals
- Manages all organizational fundraising publications and materials
- Creates the annual report on organizational accomplishments and releases it in the first quarter of the year
- Manages a printed newsletter at least twice per year
- Develops, posts, and promotes videos that feature CCP program activity and contents and/or encourage donor involvement
- Coordinates and executes at least six specific donor email appeals per year; helps evaluate and analyze results
- Oversees public and media relations including regular distribution of press releases and public announcements
- Develops and oversees special events to spread the word about CCP accomplishments and keeps programs and brand in the public eye
- Continually improves CCP’s professionalism, brand management, and consistency of message through appropriate policies and procedures
- Provides staff leadership to the Marketing/Communications Committee
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
At least four years of experience and demonstrated ability in marketing and communication with a passion for the environment and climate protection.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
The position requires an entrepreneurial, personable, confident, methodical, inspiring, enthusiastic team member with a good sense of humor and proven track record who possesses a number of the following skills and qualities:
- Strategic thinking and the ability to see and frame the big picture to produce desired results
- Marketing experience demonstrating a track record of succeeding in executing big scope projects including fund development through to completion, with attention to details
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Experience with digital and social media marketing campaigns, and mastery of executing campaigns using Salsa Labs and/ or Salesforce-like software platform
- Tech savvy
- Able to use software, for example, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Excel
- Proven ability to craft and articulate clear, concise, compelling messages
- Experience leading and supporting volunteers and/or committees, a plus!
- Committed to and understand climate protection
- Proven ability to build relationships exceptionally well with donors and business people
- Very well organized and a strong team player
- Able to motivate people to take action, including meeting deadlines
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to use good judgment, take initiative, and make recommendations in resolving problems
- Strong meeting facilitator
- Good listener and a quick learner
- Own a car or have access to means of transportation required for work
- Live in Sonoma County or be willing to move to Sonoma County
Compensation commensurate with qualifications, in the range of about $54,000 to $60,000 per year starting salary. Health benefits are offered.
Please email your resume and a cover letter describing your interest in working as Director of Marketing and Communications for The Climate Center including how you would approach this job, to Ann Hancock, Executive Director, Climate Protection Campaign, ann * at * staging-theclimatecenter.org.
The position is open until filled. We will start considering applications on March 30. Please no calls.
The Climate Center is an equal opportunity employer.