The Climate Protection Campaign seeks a Director of Development and Communications who will help take our fundraising and organization to the next level.
The Director will work closely with the Executive Director, Deputy Director, Fundraising Committee, and Board of Directors, and will direct fundraising and communication activities. This includes developing, implementing and continuously improving a fund development and communication system for the Climate Protection Campaign.
Responsibilities of the Development Director include:
- With Executive Director, Deputy Director and Fundraising Committee, create and periodically update a fund development plan, which includes major donors, direct mail, recurring donations, individual contributions and events
- Integrate fundraising activities with revenue requirements for programs and staffing
- Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan
- Analyze the effectiveness of fundraising efforts to meet organizational funding goals
- Make direct solicitations to potential, current and past donors
- Provide logistic and training support to the Fundraising Committee to target cultivation and solicitation activities
- Provide or coordinate training in fundraising activities for Board members and volunteers
- Organize and coordinate public relations including social media and website
- Manage publications relating to fundraising
- Evaluate and continuously improve the current system of cultivating and tracking donors, members and volunteers
- Generate timely and accurate reports on fundraising progress to support administrative and program decisions
- Write letters of inquiry and applications for grant funding to relevant public and private institutions
- Manage reporting activities for foundation grants and communications with foundation staff
- Organize and implement at least one fundraising event a year
- Assist the Executive Director with scheduling and communications tasks
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Experience in fund development and communications with a passion for the environment and climate protection. At least four years of experience with nonprofit fundraising, preferably as a Development Director.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
The position requires an entrepreneurial, personable, confident, methodical, inspiring, enthusiastic team member with a good sense of humor and proven track record who possesses a number of the following skills and qualities:
- Committed to and understands climate protection
- Superior oral and written communication skills; able to craft and articulate clear, concise, compelling messages
- Proven ability to build relationships exceptionally well with donors and business people
- Very well organized and a strong team player
- Able to motivate people to take action, including meeting deadlines
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to use good judgment, take initiative, and make recommendations in resolving problems
- Strong meeting facilitator
- Good listener and a quick learner
- Tech savvy
- Able to use software, for example, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Excel
- Own a car or have access to means of transportation required for work
- Live in Sonoma County or be willing to move to Sonoma County
Compensation commensurate with qualifications, not to exceed $57,800 per year starting salary. Health benefits are offered.
Please email to Ann Hancock, Executive Director, Climate Protection Campaign, ann * at * staging-theclimatecenter.org.
- Your resume
- A cover letter that describes your interest in working as Director of Development and Communications for the Climate Protection Campaign, and describes how you would approach this job
The position is open until filled. We will start considering applications on December 20. Please no calls.
The Climate Protection Campaign is an equal opportunity employer.