by Justin Gerdes, Greentech Media
The California Public Utilities Commission has dedicated $45 million to heat pump water heater incentives. Around $4 million will be exclusively for low-income residents.
- Since 90% of heat pump water heaters and furnaces in California are powered by natural gas or propane, the heat pump water heater incentives will cut down GHG emissions from buildings and help utilize overproduced renewable energy
- A workshop will be held on March 31st to determine the details of the incentive program such as extending the funding over time and determining who receives the rebate
- Electric heat pump water heaters are up to five times more energy-efficient than conventional gas models
The Climate Center has launched the ACE initiative for clean and smart community microgrids to build energy resilience in the building sector as natural gas use is phased out.
- Climate change is weakening the ocean currents that shape weather on both sides of the Atlantic - March 11, 2021
- Petaluma City Council moves to ban new gas stations - March 11, 2021
- Scott Wiener introduces bill to ban California fracking by 2027 - February 25, 2021