by Local Futures
• Mexican calves — fed American corn — are exported to the United States, where they are butchered for meat, which is then sold in Mexico.
• In 2007, Britain and Australia exchanged 20 tons of bottled water just with each other.
• More than half of the seafood caught in Alaska is processed in China; much of it is sent right back to American supermarkets.
- Expansion of fossil-fuel vehicle phase-outs moves world one step closer to a climate-safe future - April 22, 2020
- Germany goes greener with $95 billion push for train over plane - January 14, 2020
- EU sets out trillion euro plan to avert ‘climate crash’ - January 13, 2020