by Local Futures
• Mexican calves — fed American corn — are exported to the United States, where they are butchered for meat, which is then sold in Mexico.
• In 2007, Britain and Australia exchanged 20 tons of bottled water just with each other.
• More than half of the seafood caught in Alaska is processed in China; much of it is sent right back to American supermarkets.
Latest posts by Guest Blogger (see all)
- The Amazon rainforest is nearly gone - September 24, 2019
- The climate crisis is the battle of our time, and we can win - September 20, 2019
- Gavin Newsom tells CalPERS, CalSTRS to favor green investments in climate change order - September 20, 2019