by UN Environment
Today, networks representing more than 7,000 higher and further education institutions from 6 continents announced that they are declaring a Climate Emergency, and agreed to undertake a three-point plan to address the crisis through their work with students.
The three-point plan includes:
1. Committing to going carbon neutral by 2030 or 2050 at the very latest;
2. Mobilizing more resources for action-oriented climate change research and skills creation;
3. Increasing the delivery of environmental and sustainability education across curricula, campus and community outreach programmes.
Latest posts by Guest Blogger (see all)
- A month ahead of global climate strike, thousands pledge to attend - August 28, 2019
- Canada election: Charities warned against climate change ads - August 21, 2019
- Solutions for the third largest source of emissions – food waste - August 21, 2019