During PG&E outages, generators caused fires, carbon monoxide poisoning

by Mallory Moench, SF Chronicle

When PG&E cut power in rural Nevada County in late September, 90-year-old Art Bern went to turn on a generator outside his garage. It took him a few tries to get the machine, bought along with the house in 1989, going. But after he finally did and returned inside, the lights, which had just gone on, flickered out with a pop.

That’s when Bern looked out his window and saw the garage on fire.

Read more: https://www.sfchronicle.com/california-wildfires/article/During-PG-E-outages-generators-caused-fires-14833601.php#photo-18605889

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.